Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > richminiturbo's clumban build

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

with the flip front you could just put pins on the hinge so its both flip and removable?

just a thought

cheers
josh

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Member #: 719
Post Whore

Horndean - Near Portsmouth

Im just gonna go for it fully removeable now cant be arsed with hinges to be honest!

Whats the most common, neat way of fitting at the front then. I have pins on the top and dzus fasteners on the sides. And i guess the front needs supporting from tipping down?

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Hi!

Havn't updated in a while as i've been away at uni! The car's ready for it's MOT now. I've got a second bucket seat on its way aswell, bit pricey though!

Anywho here's what it looks like at the moment!:

Plan is to get it passed the MOT, iron out any problems. Gonna de-seam the rear valence and sort some bits of rust, tub the rear arches!

Then its on with the turbo build! I have alot of the bits so hopefully wont take me to long to make some decent progress!

Took the car out for a spin today just up the road to check the clutch + brakes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPXNrn_yLFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HmGNYVqsQ

Dunno wether it's just me being paranoid, but the transmission sounds pretty whiney? And theres a constant whurring noise coming from it! Havnt heard a mini running in a while so dunno if its normal, i guess with the fibreglass front it doesnt deaden all the sound coming from it!

So yeah I hope it goes through the MOT ok, fingers crossed!

Cheers

Rich

Edited by richminiturbo. on 28th Jun, 2008.

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

good luck mate, let us know how it goes on

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

Ben.

628 Posts
Member #: 1064
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Looking good! Mmmmmmmmmm.

Whos that stud in the brown shirt? He must work out :)

Ben.

Build Thread Click Here

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

who is being noughty! two diffrent number plates on your car tut tut *tongue*

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

But youre supposed to have a white one on the front and a yellow one on the back *tongue*

Only had the black and silver plates on to see what it would look like. Reckon I might get some made up for the actual reg of the car

Edited by richminiturbo. on 29th Jun, 2008.

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

black and silver for the win!, looks so good :) i plan on using black and silver though the car is only an suffix s (please correct me if its prefix)

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

this is my fave looking car on tm

please dont paint it, leave it as is

regards

joe

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

On 30th Jun, 2008 joeybaby83 said:
this is my fave looking car on tm

please dont paint it, leave it as is

regards

joe

Are you sure?!

I dont think its half as nice as some of the others on here, yet*surprised*

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Had the MOT yesterday and the car passed without any major problems!!

Only advisory was one of the front lower shock rubbers had come out of the eyelet abit where somone left out the washer on the back.

Other than that the backbox mounts sheared on the way over thanks to the previous owners bodge-ness.

Thankfully one of the guys at the garage tied it to the subframe with some braising wire which did the trick till i got home.

Took the opourtunity to do a Brocky-esque backbox, buy heating the bend of my old side exit box and bending it straight to come out the centre, but having the tailpipe poking out at an angle still.

So im well happy!! Had some overheating problems but there must have been an airlock so its fine now, other than that think the drops gears have seen better days and the gearbox needs some new gaskets!

Gonna spend the weekend attempting to get it set up nicely and running good so i can trundle up to Avon!

Happy that I only have to pay £18 a month for my insurance aswell - cheaper than my phone bill!!

So yeah, on with the turbo build now. I'll carry on updating this thread when i get some more shizzle done!

Cheers

Edited by richminiturbo. on 3rd Jul, 2008.

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Been finally making some progress recently!

I've been waiting for ages for the chance to crack on with my build, since I've finished uni now and have a job I wanted to make some proper progress.

Was really tempted to pay for someone to build it, but thought why the hell not have a go myself so I can learn and save cash at the same time of course!!

But yeah, I got my the block built up and phase 2 cam all in and timed perfectly!(just resting on empty gearbox casing in this pic):

Got the minispares 4 pin diff all built up and put into the box:

When stripping the old diff to get the output shafts out I found the pin in this condition:

^^ This was the same both ends, quite suprising!!

Got the clubman sccr gearset in the box and everything went swimmingly, well happy with myself:

So now the short motor and gearbox are attatched together! Drop gears and oil pump are on and Im waiting for an ultralight backplate, grey diaphragm and clutch plate. Hopefully later this month a fully worked benross head will be going on aswell!!:

(I didnt build it all on the conservatory floor *tongue*, just attatched the block to the box!)

Wont be long before the turbo and gubbins is on and then it will be able to get dropped in the car and connected all up. Still sourcing some EDIS bits and a megajolt unit!

Coming together now!

Cheers

MarkGTT

3249 Posts
Member #: 1194
Post Whore

Shropshire.

looking good mate - im not far off the stage your at.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

Looking at pictures of rebuilt straight cut boxes always gets me excited. I am still waiting on my clubman set coming from Minispares, it's been 3 months now :( . Apparently they're having quality issues.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

looking good mate, wish i had the money to crack on with mine, its not even the mini that is taking my money its people dumping things in the garage so i cant get to it and ive gotta waste money on a shed, meh 1 more week and i'll have the shed then i can do bits and bobs untill i can afford my welder and will be able to properly crack on! oops bit of a hi-jack lol

keep it up i need some inspriation to keep me going!!

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Cheers guys.

3 weeks waiting for the gearset! Thats a long time to wait jay :(

Its really enthusing to making it to this stage! After so long of collecting the parts its quite suprising how quickly it could all come together :)

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Thought i'd whack up some recent pics as i are bored:)

Mx5 Looks about the saime size!

^^ I go out fiesta hunting sometimes, all im after is the dam EDIS module and bits, but they get away as the n/a engine is cack*tongue*

Pow pow pow!

Nic

9317 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

Good going dude!

hario

444 Posts
Member #: 2885

where did you get that sunstrip man?
i think youv just convinced me to go clubby not roundnose flipfront by the way..
Yours looks like my mates mk2 Golf with the crystals and all.
I have those arches but with atainless capheads around the edge illg et a pic whenever.
Mind me asking about those black quick-release lookin thing jsut above the a-pannels??
KeepItReal..

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Good choice, clubmans are the way forward!

Funny you shoul say about the golf, i love the front ends of mk1s and 2's and always wanted a clubby because of the simple mean look that they have in common!

I got the sunstrip off the mini7 site manager, got one for £7 i think?

Heres the contact

Steve Whiteley
Mini Seven Racing Club
Web Site Manager
Email: steve.whiteley@mini7.co.uk

Word to your mother!

BadgerBaiter

499 Posts
Member #: 2257

Brighton

Lovely build mate :)
Am very jealous! Makes me wish I had more time on my hands!
Did you get a MJ unit yet? I have the details of the guy who sorted my V.4 unit out if you are interested...

http://www.jolyonway.com

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Cheers buddy, I havnt got the unit yet no. I was planning to buy it direct from MJ all ready to go on but I dont need it just yet!

Ive been to two big scrappys near me and cant get hold of the EDIS systems.

2 of about 5 cars ive looked at have had them taken out already.

Another one I thought was the right reg doesnt have the EDIS system and the other two had ESC modules?

Just trying to save myself some cash but will most likely just buy one off egay.

BadgerBaiter

499 Posts
Member #: 2257

Brighton

Not sure mate... I will be getting my EDIS etc off eBay (as with everything else I own!)
I got my V.4 MJ built, tested and sent to me for £120... including a hard rev limiter and 2 colour shift light *wink* Pretty good, as I have no time for me right now :(

http://www.jolyonway.com

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

hario: google aerocatch mate, its what i will be using aswell i think they are great.

Shaun87

199 Posts
Member #: 1277
Advanced Member

Portsmouth

I struggled to find EDIS bits round our way aswell Rich. But i finally found one at Silverlakes, Had to climb up on the racks to find it.

Home > Show Us Yours! > richminiturbo's clumban build
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: