Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > richminiturbo's clumban build

Ben.

628 Posts
Member #: 1064
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Ive got some of those rubber ones you can have. Think ive got some of the plastic ones that you gave me aswell, thought I gave them back to you though.

Peace.

Build Thread Click Here

MikeRace

6549 Posts
Member #: 1149
#1 Basshunter Fan

Force Racing ICT Dept Manager Miglia Turbo Am frum Yokshyer tha noes!

Looks nice, nar come on and get thi arse into gear! Do what i did and take some te off work, get a list a blast down it, plenty of motivation!

1/4 Mile 14.3secs 96Mph Terminal 10psi of boost.

Fibreglass Parts? - http://www.tdkracing.co.uk/
Split Rims? - http://www.force-racing.co.uk/

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Member #: 719
Post Whore

Horndean - Near Portsmouth

On 22nd Mar, 2009 MikeRace said:
Looks nice, nar come on and get thi arse into gear! Do what i did and take some te off work, get a list a blast down it, plenty of motivation!

haha thats depressing, i've been unemployed since the end of november and cant get a job!! So ive had all the time to myself but still havnt got it finished, motivation sucks!!

But since the weather has been nice this last week im picking up momentum again :).

Ben - I remember now, but weren't they too small for 10m OD lines?

Ben.

628 Posts
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

On 22nd Mar, 2009 richminiturbo. said:

Ben - I remember now, but weren't they too small for 10m OD lines?

I think it would be hard to find 10m P-clips anywhere!

They were too small for the braided stuff you were having, but they might go round the copper stuff, im not sure. Why dont you check? You have them... *tongue*

Build Thread Click Here

998turbomini25

297 Posts
Member #: 2276

sheffield / derby

HI

Ive just finished running my fuel lineS today using the same copper pipe!!
After a lot of hunting around, I found some p clip's (nylon ones) in 10mm 8mm and 6.5mm in B&Q they've worked a treat along with some rubber nuts and stainless bolts!!
The p clips where in the electrical isle near heat shrink and other bits and bobs. hope this helps!

luke

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Cheers Luke!!

I may have to go and get some as I cant find the clips I should have.

Just had a go at running the copper fuel line inside the car.

I must be retarded as it just went fooking pear shaped and i've wasted most of a £15 reel of copper pipe and still have no fuel lines fitted *angry* *angry*.

Dunno if I even have enough left to do it now but ive called it quits for today as its put me in a bad mood haha.

Just found it fiddley and kept pinching the pipe flat bending it about arrrrgh.

Put the car on stands to have a go at running it underneath but cut my losses before fucking up the last bit I have left.

I've got enough for feed and return in 8mm rubber pipe but i dont know weather to chance running it inside or not. Tempted to, then replace it with braided stuff when I can afford it.

Only just noticed aswell, on the metty fuel pump theres a larger hose connection than the other and its about 10mm OD, is this the inlet thats directly connected to the tank?

Pisses me off when you waste time and money on something thats supposed to be simple *Punch*

998turbomini25

297 Posts
Member #: 2276

sheffield / derby

I know what you mean it took me the best part of 2 days!!
The ones i did were running under the car so the subframes had to come off to do it propperly *frown*
still almost back to where i wasa week ago before i started with it hopefully being on its wheels again tonight!!

I found the copper pipe a bit fiddly but if you get it a bit warm first and do little bends at a time it works quite well.
still im sure you'll sort it

Mini's looking fab by the way!!

Luke

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

i had a day like that last sunday, half hungover and everything i did went wrong, ended up just sacking car stuff offfor the rest of the day

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

Haha i've calmed down a bit now, just makes everything 10 times worse when youre frustrated, then twatting my head on the sill getting out from under the car and shutting my ankle in the door as it swings closed after getting in it just drives me bonkers haha.

Gonna run the rubber lines inside for the time being, if I blow up in a firey inferno at least it'll be relatively quick/easy/hassle-free and id never have to worry about getting stressed working on my car ever again!

Ben.

628 Posts
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Haha. Thats the spirit!

Edited by Ben. on 24th Mar, 2009.

Build Thread Click Here

1972-ANGUS

493 Posts
Member #: 3894

sallys gap. garden of Ireland

Richminiturbo, when i did my external lines, i measured the drop from my reg down to the bulkhead floor area. prebent the copper off the car. then poked it up behind the subbie, then tucked it into the existing floor clips to the trailing edge of the floor, then just fuel rubber on each end, 20mins job done!! on the run that day!!
it will do me till a further big build next winter.
regards
colin

Nic

9317 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

I told you it was a bastard of a job!

Ben.

628 Posts
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Ive just run copper stuff along the bottom of the car and fitted braided stuff to it going to the tank and fuel pump.

Build Thread Click Here

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

On 24th Mar, 2009 1972-ANGUS said:
Richminiturbo, when i did my external lines, i measured the drop from my reg down to the bulkhead floor area. prebent the copper off the car. then poked it up behind the subbie, then tucked it into the existing floor clips to the trailing edge of the floor, then just fuel rubber on each end, 20mins job done!! on the run that day!!
it will do me till a further big build next winter.
regards
colin

You make it sound really easy! I dont think i've got the eye to pre bend it but i'll have a go with the last bit i've got to salvage as much as I can from it. Are the clips underneath big enough to hold feed and return 10mm OD pipes? I'd be tempted to run it around the outside of the subframe and through into the boot, i've got braided hose for either end so that shouldnt be a problem.

I think half the issue I had when attempting ot route it inside, was that I was trying to make it look really neat, but I was struggling to even get the basic route I wanted for it let alone have it look pretty *oh well*

On 24th Mar, 2009 Nic said:
I told you it was a bastard of a job!

Ahh I remember you saying now, if only I remembered earlier I wouldnt have felt so annoyed about it haha.

On 24th Mar, 2009 Ben. said:
Ive just run copper stuff along the bottom of the car and fitted braided stuff to it going to the tank and fuel pump.

Cool, i'll let you do mine harharrrrr.

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

Mounted my pressure reg on the outside of the inner wing, then ran the lines down and underneath the car dude...worked a treat and well easy...at least you tried to do something today *tongue*

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

1972-ANGUS

493 Posts
Member #: 3894

sallys gap. garden of Ireland

[quote=richminiturbo.,24th Mar, 2009]

You make it sound really easy! I dont think i've got the eye to pre bend it but i'll have a go with the last bit i've got to salvage as much as I can from it. Are the clips underneath big enough to hold feed and return 10mm OD pipes?quote]

Should be, ive both feed and return safely beside each other.
If you were worried, you could use those P clips metioned earlier!
regards
colin

hario

444 Posts
Member #: 2885

I will be doing the very same tast this weekend, but both internal along the exhaust tunnel..

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

How did you get on Hario?

I've set myself a target to get the car roadworthy 4 weeks from today!!

Its been near finished for too long its not even funny, so out comes the finger and out goes me to the driveway.

Things left to do, in no particular order:

Run the fuel lines (gonna go for rubber type inside the car for the time being)

Wire the fuel pump

Wire the edis bits and megajolt

Get some sort of top mounts for the radiator and plumb it in.

Some bracketery for the intercooler so I can fit that.

Fuel pressure regulator, throttle cable+choke cable.

Need some bits to plumb the head take off into the header tank.

Attatch the air filter to somewhere.

Wheel bearings, ball joints, track rod ends.

Brake master cylinder brake pipes and bleed the system.

Re wire the fuse box.

Get oil pressure and the engine fired up.

Tax

Miles

Rolling road.

Temporary matte black paint, time permitting? Not sure?

What do you guys reckon, do-able? I have 4 weeks of no work, weather permitting, its possible. But things are bound to go wrong, got everything crossed that a couple of things im worried about will be ok.

I can but try!

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Piece of cake. Weeks work, no more *smiley*

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

^^ Sounds good to me!!

Thinking about it, its not much work tbh. But things to take longer than expected with me for some reason haha.

Will see how it goes.

hario

444 Posts
Member #: 2885

First i uncoiled the pipe inside the car and tried to thread the ends out the firewall and rear seatback but that failed horribly!

More successful was to drill all holes first and start in the boot, with the pipe laid out flat behind the car and fed it through that way, through the bottom of the crossmember and up the firewall to the engine 5through the heater holes.
That way you can bend it abit at a time as you thread it through the various holes. Both are along the exhaust tunnel.
Any other ways attempted here?

Dont buy cheap bearings or balljoints!

www.minipart.co.uk sell full braided hoses, well worth it, cheap too. Pedal feel is proper solid.

''Get oil pressure and the engine fired up.'' lol

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

I just went for the rubber ones in the end as a temporary fix, simple enough!!

So far ive wired and mounted the megajolt, edis, coilpack and sensor, so all thats done and should work ok!

Rewired the fusebox and made it alot neater.

Run the fuel lines

Sorted a routing for the coolant from the head back to the catch tank. Just need a short bit of hose and the rad plumbing is done, although I might try and relocate the rad lower, as it looks like the intercooler might be a squeeze....

The I/C is actually a third bigger than the one I thought I bought, dunno if it was my error or they sent me the wrong one to be honest. Im not sure if its "too" big, as in lag, pretty sure im gonna be able to make it fit though either way, will have to for the time being!

All thats left to do now is to wire the fuel pump, fit the dash and gauges, throttle linkage, oil, water, passenger seat and the bracketery im gonna head out today and clear Portsmouth of jubilee clips, as I need a fair few!! Then the FPR can be plonked on.

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

More progress - I better hurry up and do something to mine lol

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

theoneeyedlizard

7264 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

You Clubman guys have got it easy.

Looking good mate.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

MikeRace

6549 Posts
Member #: 1149
#1 Basshunter Fan

Force Racing ICT Dept Manager Miglia Turbo Am frum Yokshyer tha noes!

Havent they just!

1/4 Mile 14.3secs 96Mph Terminal 10psi of boost.

Fibreglass Parts? - http://www.tdkracing.co.uk/
Split Rims? - http://www.force-racing.co.uk/

Home > Show Us Yours! > richminiturbo's clumban build
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: